For Sale in Nutfield, Surrey: 3-bed cottage with recording studio
£399,949 subject to signed contract
- Perfect cottage for single, couple or young family
- Well maintained & tastefully decorated
- Single room studio designed by John Sayers
- Optimum acoustics and near total sound isolation
- Separate access to rear via neighbouring right of way
- Gatwick Airport 15 mins drive (or bus from directly outside the house)
- London Victoria 38 mins by train from Reigate (12mins)
- Currently eligible for 100% exemption from stamp duty
Very nicely presented 3 bed cottage on the main street in Nutfield that runs east-west from Bletchingly to Reigate.
The studio was installed recently in 2018 under the guidance of renowned acoustical designer John Sayers. The garden was partially excavated in order to keep within the 2.5m height restriction on suburban outbuildings, but benefit from maximum sound isolation without compromising interior space.
The soffit-mounted Focal monitors were retrofitted and can be left in situ if desired, as with some furniture etc. all subject to separate negotiation.
A basic demonstration of soundproofing will amaze; the inner fire-doors are lined with lead.
Technical drawings of the studio build are available upon request.
There’s enough space for the operator to move comfortably between instruments & equipment and there is plenty of room for a sofa, where the Hammond RT-3 organ currently resides as well as a boom stand for vocal & acoustic recording.
In addition to the open plan kitchen/ lounge/ diner there is also a utility space, lean-to and WC.
Upstairs, the master bedroom is separated from the two smaller bedrooms by the family bathroom.
There is a loft space that runs the length of the house, affording lots of storage.
The house is within
5 mins village shops
10 mins M25 junction 6 at Godstone
4 mins Redhill (38mins to Victoria)
18 mins Gatwick
37 mins Heathrow
And within walking distance of Nutfield Day Nursery, The Hawthorns School and The Queens Head pub.
Enquire About This Property
£1,699 ex VAT/ month
Offers in excess of £2.25m